Puppetry is a oldest and popular teaching A-V aid which is uses for education and entertainment. Other name for the puppetry is doll. It is represents the funny story and show the picture or diagram related to the topic. It is helpful for effective learning activity.
Types of puppets.
There are different types of puppets as following –
#1. String or marionette puppet.
The marionette puppet is a tender type of puppet. In this puppet every parts are join in a movable manner. These kinds of puppets are use for the entertainment. It is story telling puppet.
#2. Stick puppet.
Stick puppet is made up of various sticks. The sticks are very softly join. These types of puppets are movement by the teacher or students. It is represent only for the classroom.
#3. Shadow puppet.
Shadow puppet is made on the screen by the teacher or students. It is produces shadow on the white screen.
#4. Finger on hand puppet.
It is mainly made by the finger of hands by the teacher as well as students. The puppeteer is movement their hand fingers to produce the hand puppets. These are either operated from below or behind of the stage.
Preparation for the puppets show.
- The puppets presentation should attract the audience interest.
- Presentation of puppets should be related to the topic.
- It should be easy to understand the meaning.
- Avoid more character and dialogues should be short.
- It should be mass communication.
- Use different types of puppets and different color.
- It improves our observation and thinking process.
- It attracts the students or audience interest.
- It’s an effective method of teaching.
- Puppets are live presentation.
- Easy to understand the topic.
- Making of puppets are time consuming.
- Expertise is needed in presentation of the show.
- To show the presentation is requires more people.
So These are advantages and disadvantages of puppets.